Learn to Dive… Start here!
You have several options to complete the in-water phases of your training:
- You can complete both the skill-development sessions and open-water training dives here at Lake County Divers Supply.
- You may take the online eLearning course for the academic portion of the class.
- You can complete the skill-development sessions here at Lake County Divers supply, and do your open-water training dives at the vacation destination of your choice.
Getting your entry-level diver certification
is a three-step process:
1. The first step is to acquire all of the important academic information every certified diver must know.
This can be done in-class, here at LCDS, or online through SDI/TDI's eLearning Portal.
2. The next step is to complete your in-water skill-development training.
This takes place in a swimming pool or similar body of confined water. Here you will learn the fundamental skills that every diver needs to know. (It’s also a lot of fun.)
3. The final step is complete four or more open-water training dives under the supervision of your SDI Instructor.
Here you will apply what you have learned during your academic and skill-development sessions, while learning practical lessons that can only be gained through real-world experience in open water.
certification is a
- Instructor Fees
- Student Kit
- Dive Log
- Student Handbook
- Student Workbook
- Rental Equipment
- Dive Computer
- Certification Card*
- Mask, Snorkle, Fins, & Booties Required; Our Students 15% discount.
*: Purchase of Open Water Course does not guarantee certification. The student must be able to complete all required skills, written testing, and check-out dives to receive certificaiton. Student may re-attempt certification until completion as needed, at no additional charge for the class. Certification is taught according to SDI/TDI standards and is globally recognized.
Online Courses Available!
If student's wish to complete the classwork portion of the class on their own time, prior to the actual class, they may do so through SDI/TDI's eLearning Portal. Whatever option you choose, LCDS can help you with the arrangements.
Lake County Divers Supply
305 Main St.
Hobart, IN 46342
P: (219) 942-0016